Sign in to follow this  
AdjectiveBeaver

AdjectiveBeaver Feedback #2

Hello!

More feedback!

Saving/Auto-saving

After 15 hours of gameplay, my AppData\LocalLow\Mechanistry\Timberborn\Saves folder contains 144 files and its size is 623 MB. Each save file is larger than the previous.

Judging by the time-stamps (and that the files are named "Autosave" lol), the game auto-saves every 5 minutes; this is great! Inform the player of this. Add graphic on screen that indicates an auto-save is occurring.

I did not see a means of managing these saves files through the game's UI.

My suggestion:

When a player creates a new game, prompt them to name the world or use a combination of their Steam (or whichever platform) name, date/time, and a GUID/unique ID that's generated with the world.

Also use that value for auto-saves (but of course, append or prepend "autosave").

Then, on the main menu, add an option for managing saves and within that option, list each top-level/root save (not the auto-saves, those would be associated to the top-level/root by the name & unique ID). If the user deletes the initial/top-level/root save file, all of the auto-saves associated with it are also deleted.

Paths

When painting a dirt path, you can only paint in a straight line; you have to let the left mouse button go to turn a corner. My expectation was that as I was painting the path, it'd keep going regardless of direction.

Job Assigning

I do appreciate that the beavers are mostly autonomous and figured out I can kind of force what jobs they take. But it would be nice to be able to assign them directly either through a master list (mentioned in feedback post #1) or through the building's UI.

Settings

Being able to take screenshots & short videos of the games satisfies my overactive imagination. Adding some sensitivity to the camera pan/rotate would be a welcomed addition (so the rotate/pan is slower or faster, depending on the value). Perhaps an adjustable slider in the settings?

Language & Wording

I noticed this for the well-being text: in some UI areas, well-being is listed as "well-being"; in others, such as the Goals menu, it is "well being" and in others, "wellbeing". 

Are the "jobless" & "unemployed" descriptors synonymous or does each have a significant meaning within the game?

Visual Indicators

When the beavers are hungry, thirsty, tired, or dead (RIP), there's indicators above them. I like this and would like to see it expanded. Add outfits/hats/indicators for what the beaver is currently doing or about to do. For example, if a beaver is heading to do construction, they don a construction hat.

Resource Cost

Wooden stairs seem too expensive at 70 science points; For comparison, the water pump costs 70. I haven't done a "deep-dive" on costs, this was just something I noticed when I started a new game and immediately wanted stairs.

Wishful thinking

Will there be weather effects/systems? 

Will there be a skill tree (PUN INTENDED)? Not needed but may make it easier for players to understand prerequisites. For example, to build a water tank you need 20 log, 30 plank, and 10 gear. Where do I get planks & logs? In other words, I'm asking for a visual representation in the layout similar to that of a tree that shows dependencies.

Thank you for reading! I'm enjoying the game and just unlocked Eager Beavers. When time permits, I'll provide more feedback!

❤️

• Thanks 2