This would be hard to do because it can't just be made randomly it would need an algorithm for the channels and everything to be playable but if the devs decide to make the whole algorithm that would randomly make a new map of a decided size that would be amazing.

We have to keep in mind that gandomly generating water channels that can be connected togheter is not as easy as it sounds.

18 hours ago, TTV fi5hii said:

This would be hard to do because it can't just be made randomly it would need an algorithm for the channels and everything to be playable but if the devs decide to make the whole algorithm that would randomly make a new map of a decided size that would be amazing.

We have to keep in mind that gandomly generating water channels that can be connected togheter is not as easy as it sounds.

Duh. This is absolutely doable and I'd bet that the devs already plan to implement it or are even already working on it. 
It takes a bit of logic because of the water system and balancing. But you can combine quasi-random systems that make sure that the player gets enough place to initially expand to and has all the required resources in range with a random process to fill the gaps. 

To be honest, the maps I've seen so far (that's only a few) all feel kinda handmade in a bad way. So adding random maps to allow the player to cycle through a to finde one they like is probably a worthwhile addition. 

(By the way, I'm very familiar with Hofstadter's law. But even then,  I don't think this would take up more time than it is worth.) 

Edited by William