New warehouses are too limited

So, I'm trying out the new update, and while I do like the idea of having less clutter in warehouses, I honestly think you've taken the solution too far. Not having golem heads in my food warehouse is great. The problem now, though, is that I can't have a food warehouse anymore. I need a carrot warehouse and a sunflower seed warehouse and another for all 8 kinds of food. This is leading to me needing absurd numbers of warehouses just to have a place to put different kinds of food near my housing.

It also makes stuff like the underground warehouses kind of pointless- yes, you can store 4000 items, but it is a very rare situation when I need that much of any one item in a single place. When would I need 4000 gears in one place?

Being able to store one and *only* one thing in a warehouse is too strict and also makes no logical sense. Being able to have categories (food warehouse, golem parts warehouse, etc) makes much more sense to me, and wastes *much* less space on storage. Is there any reason we can't allow warehouses to store more than one kind of item?

My 2 cents on it, anyway.

• Like 1

I agree.

There are some things that I never have a large number of, but the number still exceeds what the job storage will hold - so my Beavers just sit there doing nothing, because they've nowhere to store without a warehouse. It's a lot of wood to "waste". 

Multiple choices, or certain criteria would work better IMO. I like the UI change to the storage though. Very nice!

For sure, the new UI for them is a lot cleaner. All that really needs changing with the new system is to allow more than one item to be selected at once. Until it does, though, I've honestly gone back to the non-experimental version- trying to manage stoage in the new system is genuinely so bad I don't want to do it at all.

I've played around with the Experimental Branch all day, and I've actually grown to like it. Granted it took a looong time over quite a few Cycles to build this, and I'm using Easy mode with less droughts to worry about, but I like the overall look and feel of this. It's as compact as I could make it. 

The Beavers no longer over pick one type of food, or overcook one type of food - which does make getting their Well-Being levels up much easier than before (for me, at least). I'm just not sure at this point how simple it would be to make all these storage areas on Hard mode. It takes a LOT of wood.

Sidenote: This is 24 Medium Storage Units in a square, with Pallett storage on top, and liquid storage around the sides. Since I had to make walkways all the way around, I joined the housing to the side so I could make use of the already organised levels 🙂

20221122230504_1.jpg

With the new update, the storage problem does improve but it will be better to give plain simple input boxes for different type of options. So rather than tick box earlier, may be we can have a small box to enter number of carrots and breads.

Storing just one type of good is not making much sense right now.

I never found the original system to be a problem, I simply switched off things I didn't want in a warehouse. I could therefore make warehouses just for carrots if I wanted to, but most of the time they were multifunctional (a warehouse near a gear and plank place would store both). I like the new little ones, and think they should be able to just have one thing in them, but the medium, large and extra large should be able to store multiple things. I have no idea when I would ever have an incentive to build the large or extra large warehouses now, as I don't want to store 4000 gears.

Important Information

This website uses cookies for the purposes of: collecting information about the website use, saving settings and personalizing the User interface. You may change your cookie settings at any time. Read more in our Privacy Policy and Cookies