Beavers should be able to disassemble buildings and retrieve some parts

The demolition of a building is instantaneous and all resources involved are permanently lost.

Builders should be tasked with slowly dismantling a building and collecting back some of its parts (depending on the game difficulty).

For example: it takes 100 gears, 50 treated planks and 50 metal blocks for Folktails to build a mechanical water pump in normal mode; maybe they could salvage 50 gears, 25 processed planks, and 25 metal blocks when disassembling the pump…

More generally, most "off-game" operations (setting a path, creating a district centre, adding a district gate…) should be performed in-game by beavers at a minimal cost, as in real life.

• Like 1

On this behalf i think the Free option is more valid. but Gates should definitely cost something.

Moreover i think you could build a Free distrikt center wich has to be kind of upgraded later on? something like Colony sizes; wich is limited by various center upgrades? The upgrades could be added in buildings you need to put directly next to the Center.

Setting a path used to be a task for beavers, and I'm super happy about the change. It has made the game faster, and it's already slow enough as it is. About the district center and trade posts, making beavers do that limits the expansion to new districts: you can only expand to where you can build. Now the only limitation is you can expand to where you can build a road to, without needing stairs, bridges, or platforms, and I find it too limiting.

I like the "option" to disassemble, though, like you can demolish instantaneously, or you can disassemble using beavers, but it takes time and recovers only a fraction of materials used. I prefer the current mechanics to the added benefit of recycled materials and realism, though. You can build and demolish, and except metal, all other resources are infinite, limited only by the time you need to produce them from logs.

I was trying a "bridge to nowhere" project, hoping that my bridge could reach the other shore of a huge lake, where there was enough room for an expansion. The bridge was one block short. Now, my only option is to make a huge platform in the middle of the lake and make my expansion there, or abandon the project completely and go the scenic route of two expansions around the lake. I wish I could recycle some of hundreds of irons I used for the 6 bridges I made!

Edited by Lind
Typo

Yes! I made a dirt excavator as a learning experience, and while the building itself is fine, if i could disassemble it and relocate it I would do so immediately. other things like platforms I built to build levees to control water flow, astronomy buildings once you have more than enough science points, and so forth! a 75% rate of return on normal, 100% on easy 25% on highest difficulty seems intuitive, and would make "expensive mistakes" only mildly frustrating rather than a complete waste of time. another suggestion is to "cancel" in progress project. I put a dirt pile up and had multiple metal blocks placed after I realized it was in the way, but my only options were 1. lose the material and delete it, or 2. spend tons of resources building the nearby thing somewhere else. The only thing I can think as an issue is if your storage capacity is overflowing and your beavers can't store it anywhere.

• Like 1

Important Information

This website uses cookies for the purposes of: collecting information about the website use, saving settings and personalizing the User interface. You may change your cookie settings at any time. Read more in our Privacy Policy and Cookies