Laws and regulations

Gilli

So ive played for 20+ hours now brand new made mistakes all we all probably have, but one thing that would be nice in this is if you in a district could make a law that you can't have them do certain stuff. An example would be the sunflower seeds you need to make the catalyst, if you have say a industrial district with another food comeing in but you want a small field to create the sunflower seeds for the catalysts, i don't know if its the case but one way to hard rule it out is a law that say they cant eat sunflower seeds in that district so all the seeds can go into the catalyst makeing.

This was just one example of a feature i been playing with recently and i'm sure other people know things that would go in perfectly into this catagory just to be able to control what resourse goes where and for what thing and you can make it about other things and not just resources aswell. 

haven't writen on forums before so don't know if other people will be able to comment on this subject but if you can feel free to add other laws or just regulations about how much food they can eat ect.

• Like 1

Sadly, I doubt this mechanic will be implemented in the game. It could have helped me (a lot) in the past when I had to deal with 18K units of blueberries which I realized were completely useless for Folktails. I ended up creating a new district, moving all berries to that district and forcing (by preventing any other farming/gathering) the population of that district to eat only berries for many cycles.

Also, the problem you're facing seems solvable by pure planning: compute the needs of the population, add the requirement for your catalysts, implement the field sizes (and workforce) you need for all crops, including sunflowers. This is annoying while population is growing or while other needs (like catalysts) fluctuate for whatever reason, but once things are stable, it all gets automatic and easy.

Another idea: golems. I don't know anything about golems, because I refuse to use them in my Folktails map, but perhaps you could use golems in your industrial district, exclusively. Then nobody would eat sunflowers in that district.

Important Information

This website uses cookies for the purposes of: collecting information about the website use, saving settings and personalizing the User interface. You may change your cookie settings at any time. Read more in our Privacy Policy and Cookies