Recycle Buildings

nyarg33

I would really like a way to recycle buildings when I destroy them to get back at least some of the materials I put into it. Maybe builders could be more efficient at getting materials from dismantling buildings than regular workers? It always feels bad when I want to move a building knowing I have to spend the resources for 2 buildings if I delete the first one

• Like 14

I feel you, I have had to destroy 3 different power buildings because I cant seem to connect them to the Lumber Mill.

Also you could do this Power Connections more user friendly, I still don't understand how to do it, what is the blue arrow mean, some of then need paths, some don't, so it is confusing. Getting some (if not all when build) resources back would be good. Or indicate if the Power Connection is Correct.

LumberMill_NotConnected.png

LumberMill_NotConnected_2.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BonzAkki said:

I feel you, I have had to destroy 3 different power buildings because I cant seem to connect them to the Lumber Mill.

Also you could do this Power Connections more user friendly, I still don't understand how to do it, what is the blue arrow mean, some of then need paths, some don't, so it is confusing. Getting some (if not all when build) resources back would be good. Or indicate if the Power Connection is Correct.

LumberMill_NotConnected.png

LumberMill_NotConnected_2.png

So I have been testing this for a while and think I understand a bit better. Would be good someone to confirm.

1. I noticed the Buildings have a max amount of Power needed/supported.

2. The Windmill generates more Power than the Plank Factory needs, perhaps that's why it does not work? (Anyone can confirm?)

3. There is a "Power Line" that splits in 2 (T Shape), I used one of those to split the Power Generated and It seems it could power up 2 Plank Factory with 1 Windmill.

4. I noticed that some times the Windmill does nothing (Building does not charge), Is it due to no wind conditions? (Anyone can Confirm?) 

Hope it Helps; Still would be good to have this Explained by the game Tutorial or In-game help feature?.

• Like 1

The arrow is for path connections. Literally every building has one of these, even the unpowered ones.

For the lumber mill, I've always connected power to the circle next to the door, but when I went to build the metal scrap building, it didn't have one. I found that connecting the power anywhere to the building worked. Looks like the lumber is be the same.

The tooltip for the windmill says that power output varies. So yeah, it's likely that sometimes there won't be enough power output to run the lumber mill. Try using a water wheel instead; it doesn't run during droughts, but you really don't need constant plank output anyway. Pause the unpowered buildings during droughts and the beavers can do something else for a few days instead of standing around.

And if you do need planks during the drought, you can connect a manual wheel to just the lumber mill, and unpause it only when the droughts are on.

• Like 1

I think you could implement that by marking the building for destruction, and then a worker comes over and takes down the building.  It would take a tiny bit of time, but then you get a portion of the resources back (say 1/3, with a fairly cheap tech in the labor tree to increase it to 2/3?  (Cheap because while it's useful it doesn't come up all that often compared to other techs.)

• Like 1

Different factions could have different benefits in regards of recycling.

For instance; Folktail, which seem more environmental, could have slower but more efficient recycle-yield. Or maybe just more efficient with wood-related resources.

While Iron teeth could be faster with deconstructing, but yield less resources back. Again, potentially more efficient with metal-related resources.

• Like 2

Ok, this is why we need to be able to get resources back:

I'm playing 3x since actually trying to fix a Dam that is blocking water to my main district and this happened.

They were Building the stairs to the Second Floor Houses and they are now stuck. They Build them selves a cage!

Cant leave since there is no way down to the first floor...... lol

I rather breed 2 more Beavers (2 water and food is fast to get), instead planks and Wood is kind of valuable for me since I need at least 20 for each section of the Dam I'm fixing.   

IronBeaver_Brain.png

I am a little different that most of the threads and I have not gotten into the late game yet.  But I am not worried about get much wood back out of the structures, by mid-game I have logs sitting around by the hundreds.  Getting the metal back, or a lot of it is more of the way I see it.  We have to expand to survive so that we can store more water.  I build structures and sometime destroy them to move them to a better spot later so that I can dam up that area and retain more water.  Not sure what the plan is for metal in the future but since all the metal in the game is in the ruins that is a limiting factor.

I can see the recycling as a tech that can be developed with the science points.

• Like 1

I feel the most natural way to make this gameplay involved, is to add a recycling plant or something in the metal tab. assigns a number beavers much like the hauling post, to just dismantle stuff. This way you still have the delete button still, and a way to build up to being able to reclaim materials. 

• 11 months later...

I would very much agree, this is my only other issue with the game as it is, even having a recycling building to unlock which would enable this, a deconstruct and move or just another just another option when it comes down to re-building.

The beavers are very industrious and can build themselves out of the colony when doing large structures or complicated power connections. Just a little something to make me feel a little less dumb for not micromanaging the build of my cute little beavers on these projects.