In Beaver News ... NIMBY

The only reason I can think they are asking the neighbors is because this beaver is on the sex offenders list.

Well, I say not in my backyard! ... because my backyard happens to be the top of a tall hill and a beaver dam wouldn't work out too well.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/questionnaire-island-homes-seek-views-101535130.html

PS: You do not have to be a citizen of the Isle of WeHateIndigenousBeavers to take the questionnaire.

hiwwt.typeform.com/beaver-online

But you do have to give them an email address that they can sell to spammers to fund moving beavers back in.

The Hampshire and Isle of Wight wildlife trust seem to be seeking support from the local population. Beavers are such cute critters, who could argue against their reintroduction in a place where they used to be endemic? Meanies, that is who.

As for dams-on-top-of-tall-hills, they are extremely efficient in keeping water out, partly thanks to rivers' difficulties in climbing hills. Unless it rains, then they become regular dams. Two-in-one dam, this is peak beaver engineering right there, perhaps even more impressive than a floodgate.