My thoughts so far (demo impression)

So, I just played the demo, for a couple cycles before I just saved the game and closed for today.

Most of the game seems good, a bit basic so far, but being able to build in 3D, buildings on top of buildings, feels great. Hope the game goes more in this direction.
Also the water mechanics felt good aswell, I'd say it's the part that makes the game more iconic, should definitely expand on that (like, being able to more directly manipulate the water, being able to close or open dams at will, etc.)

And a nice bit that I noticed, on the first dry season, it only lasts like 2-3 days, which gladly was enough to survive it (barely, beavers had just started to die of thirst) just with whatever we had on storage. It's nice to be able to have a *short* drought to kinda teach the player about what it does, before actually hitting with worse one you really had to prepare before-hand. Knowing that, I was smart enough to prioritise finishing some sort of dam so I could have some amount of water through the next dry season. Which I also noticed, will last MUCH longer than the last, but I feel like I am prepared.

Had the first one been longer, like the second, it'd been game over for sure... but playing well and smart, and having GOOD TUTORIALISING (showing a mechanic but in a mild form first, so we can learn about it and face it for real later) managed to keep my first try alive.

I saved in the middle of that second dry season, but I got good amounts of water, both in a river dam, and in water storages. Good work on that part, I hate it when you literally can't solve a problem unless you know about the mechanics before hand... having to savescum or being forced into game over is a bad feeling, but making a proper difficulty curve/tutorialising feels great. Keep that philosophyup in the future, with other game mechanics the game might get! 😉