Beaveron [192] x [90] - THE paradise for your beavers.

Gounthers

Welcome to Beaveron!

You have stumbled upon this forgotten and forsaken land. Humans are long gone and you have found yourself surrounded with their eroded metal structures. Find your way to build new and better civilization. 

The Map Features:

a Abandoned Mine where horrifying legends are one too many and no beaver have dared to enter since the dawn of their era.

20220225231721_1.thumb.jpg.86dc680be2128d283be38ffffde9e8be.jpg

a Lonely Island with what is left of tall metal boxes that once were called home to the predecessors.

20220225231805_1.thumb.jpg.c2c5fa058ba52badd042737934593794.jpg

a Limestone Mountains "just" like those in Thailand.

20220225231553_1.thumb.jpg.5bbc92507aa94636804828b73d196ec9.jpg

and a waterfall. Nothing special about it. it's just... a waterfall.

20220225225330_1.thumb.jpg.118133feb90cd828d98ce9cba463c447.jpg

Short Info about the map:

[192] x [90] <- 

The map was somewhat tested on Normal difficulty with Folktails and was able to achieve full controll over droughts without any management (at least at the spawn area, have not tested further locations). No idea about the Hard difficulty or Iron Teeth.

The map has a few locations where dams might be fun to use and a somewhat expandable area.

Spawn point might be cramped at first.

Safe ammount of berries for the start (probably a bit of a overkill).

20220225231821_1.thumb.jpg.82426aeed953c555c6867651760ae228.jpg

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks. 

Hopefully everything works 😁

Have fun!

MAP: Beaveron 192x90.timber

• Like 1

what do you mean "nothing special" about the waterfall? Its very good! I see your effords to create a natural looking map. The water has carved a path over the top, and below the waterfall is the base ground eroded away. The walls of the cliff look very natural, just great!

Some points for improvement:

- you could challenge the players to expand over the limestone mountains, by placing mayor ruins just there, and remove the smaller ruins. 

- I could flood the underground ruins, to create a big challenge.

- check other maps to get an estimate on how much berries you should plant.

By the way, i get the impresion you're more a mapbuilder than a player 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! 😁

I'm definitely guilty of overthinking too much on this map. 

Your Limestone ruins placement idea is great, might use it in future.

The initial idea behind underground ruins, which i assume you mean that BIG hole with a mine in it, was that it would be partially flooded. However as I play-tested the map, I had and weird idea to make it bit surprising...

: SPOILER BELOW 

If the player is not careful and builds the dam on that waterfall too tall, then the river's water level would rise, obviously, and potentially overflooding the abandoned mine area... tho I might have fuged the water flow values on that 😅. Thats basically the same idea with the Limestone Mountains area, if you were to just build two dams to keep all of that water in, it will eventually overflow and should flood some of the starting area. 

END OF SPOILER

I will definitely have to check others maps for the perfect berries ratio 😆

I guess I am more of a map builder, it's easier to just chill out and run the water sim 1000 times instead of watching my Beavers die 1000 times out of thirst

Saw your map and am just bout to begin my ecobeaver journey.

Just for advise, make the berry content and nearby wood resources (to some degree) tough to either reach the next abundance or get enough of in early game without clever resource use and fast tracking to forester. This would mostly be to make the map a lil tougher and not so smooth sailing early on.

Waterfall depth - tho i know it looks good and has a purpose behind it, its too close and reachable for early game water depth survival. To make it tougher would take from the way it looks... only suggestion would be to push the land space near the deep water further away costing a lot more timber to reach to make it a lil harder early game.

Let ya know how it goes and any suggestions after playing the map

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Mad Dokta said:

Saw your map and am just bout to begin my ecobeaver journey.

Just for advise, make the berry content and nearby wood resources (to some degree) tough to either reach the next abundance or get enough of in early game without clever resource use and fast tracking to forester. This would mostly be to make the map a lil tougher and not so smooth sailing early on.

Waterfall depth - tho i know it looks good and has a purpose behind it, its too close and reachable for early game water depth survival. To make it tougher would take from the way it looks... only suggestion would be to push the land space near the deep water further away costing a lot more timber to reach to make it a lil harder early game.

Let ya know how it goes and any suggestions after playing the map

Hey, Thanks for the feedback!

And so I did. I've lowered the amount of berries and trees at the starting point as well as making the eroded part of the waterfall a bit smaller and harder to reach, at least for those first few cycles. 

tho...I have only tested first few 5 cycles with Folktails on hard difficulty due to lack of time but I think it's duable, even more so if I can make it. No clue about further drought stages on hard difficulty or with Iron teeth yet.

Here's more "balanced" (a bit tougher start) version of the map for anyone to try it out:

DL: 

Beaveron 192x90 B.timber

Edited by Gounthers