As it stands right now, nothing happens at night as far as I'm aware? Maybe I've just not gotten far enough into the game yet. Either way, I think that some work should be done to make night more interesting gameplay wise. As it is, I always just jack the speed up to 7 once the sun's gone down. Give me beaver night life!!!

• Like 2

Maybe they could add some entertaining buildings that only operates at night (do not make night the default sleepy time, but balance between sleepy time and free time for the use of attractions or leisure buildings) or they could add like a mini game with the addition of crime for larger settlements where there is the need for a police officer (job) or some mischief may happened, like some bad beavers stealing from the storage. 

• 6 months later...

A system like the one in Frostpunk would be cool, where you could have entertainment buildings, random events, and jobs that can only be done at night. Furthermore, they have the option to do an extra shift where one building produces 24 hours non-stop, but its workers get unhappy and may become injured, which I think would be a great addition.