Unable to save

I can't save anymore, it keeps saying autosave failed and I also cannot save the game manually. It keeps telling me to check if there are any illegal characters in the save title and to check my disk space. There are no illegal characters in the save name and I have plenty of disk space, so I don't know how to save my game.

• Like 1

The likely problem is that the game wants to create savegames in the Documents folder. Which is a bad design habit, yet common in games.

An easy workaround would be this 3-step solution:
(If you type "ransomware protection" in the start menu search bar, continue at step 3)
1) Go to "Windows Security" -> "Virus & threat protection"
2) In "Ransomware protection" click on "Manage ransomware protection"
3) Under "Controlled folder access" either turn off ransomware protection (very bad idea), or...
... click on "Protected folders" and remove the Documents folder (bad idea) 
... click on "Allow an app through controlled folder access" (still not the best idea, but the safest)

Edited by KarvPrime