performance optimization

MightOfMjolnir

when selecting the menu option for cutting trees there's a huge performance drop almost to a stutter until you right click out of the menu completely and it's only that little menu that i've encountered an issue with thus far. also frame rate drops if you pan the camera down to where the sky box is visible in the background, would be nice to see maybe a nice landscape backdrop that limits this and also adds a bit more "life" to the world so you don't feel trapped or restricted to just the map while looking around. this is all i've found/had issues with in the few days i've been playing this wonderful game!

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a similar issue at higher populations. I'm actually surprised how little the framerate issues are discussed in this forum. Anywhere past 400 beavers or around 12k resources the framerate gets to an unplayable single digit. It's not my computer (5800x, 3070ti, 32gb ram, roughly 18% cpu and 17% gpu usage on average). At night time it seems to be ok but as soon as the beavers render in during the work day it crashes down to single digits at higher game play speeds so I've had to play at 1x or 2x speed which is.... a grind.

• Like 1

Same issue here, I've stopped playing due to performance issues, but really hope this gets improved. I can't wait to finish all the plans I have for this beaverful colony, but with 2-10 fps during day time this is just too painful and frustrating.

Colony has around 400/500 beavers and it got totally unplayable now.

As the beaver above said, CPU and memory look fine.