Sink Hole (128x128) - A lush valley in desolate urban area

When our predecessors fell and their cities were abandoned, some of the underground infrastructure continued to function for thousands of years. Underground cavities collapsed, due to erosion of the sewers. During a food quest, twelve of our industrious brothers discovered this beautiful recently formed valley. Let's get gnawing, brothers!

This map consists of a green valley, ruins on top of the surrounding high cliffs. However not on the screenshots, there are several stone stairs.

Important note: No, the valley will not flood! 😉

Update: I added berries!

Overview 2.png

View.png

Detail 1.png

Overview 1.png

Starting Location.png

Edited by Jojo
  • Like 1

I really like this map. It's surprisingly difficult I tried it twice, once with each type of beaver. Both on Hard mode.

The first one I lost because I didn't build a farm quick enough and ran out of food. The second time I made it to season 10 but I had two big water scares, the second of which killed me. 

I'll think I'll try it again on normal mode and see it the water problem is any different.

10 hours ago, litrapod said:

I really like this map. It's surprisingly difficult I tried it twice, once with each type of beaver. Both on Hard mode.

The first one I lost because I didn't build a farm quick enough and ran out of food. The second time I made it to season 10 but I had two big water scares, the second of which killed me. 

I'll think I'll try it again on normal mode and see it the water problem is any different.

Thanks! Good to hear. Indeed there is not much elevation to capture water. Good luck next time! let me know how it went

Had a good go at it with the iron beavers, got to about cycle 8 (Hard) and died from basically not balancing the numbers of them well with the water supply - will go at it again it should be smooth sailing when you have leveed a reservoir at the start of the flow at around 5 tiles high and 6x6 (ish) square. Good challenge and good fun - especially tight on the resources, place water, woodcutting, gatherer and a farm asap as your first things, and then plant as soon as you can, it's unforgiving if you don't. On my first try I got down to 1 adult and 2 children - luckily.