End Game is Super Laggy

I would like to see if anyone else is having issues with the game running very slow/low fps/laggy when you reach near end game. I have a very powerful PC so I dont think its a hardware issue. I got my population to about 800 with about 5-6 fully operational districts and cant seem to play the game at X2 or X3 speed without it dramatically lagging. I even went to the point to try to kill off almost have my population by sending them to a empty district but even now with a population around 400-500 i still have issues. 

If anyone one has any fixes or solutions I would love to see what they are and try it. I have messed with the in game settings a little but no luck. I also havnt built anything too extravagant or flooded the whole map or anything. I love playing this game but really dont want to lose my city because it is almost becoming un-playable due to the lag. Thanks for any advice in advance.

• Like 1